One of the best hotels in Oxfordshire
“Boutique hotels in Oxfordshire don’t get much better than this”
Fallowfields is one of the leading boutique hotels in Oxfordshire. Our fine dining restaurant is outstanding. Guests come here for wonderful food, bedrooms and calm, tranquil surroundings.
Arrive to a warm welcome from James, Michelle or Jessica. Sit on our terrace, or bar or in the lounge, enjoy canapés with a cocktail, a glass of wine or a fine ale. Then surrender yourself to the pleasures of the table. Our head chef is former Michelin starred Matt Weedon. In fact, in his previous role, he was number 45 in the “2012 Sunday Times Top 100 restaurants in Britain List”.
During the day our restaurant is bright and airy and has lovely views over our grounds. At night it is candlelit and romantic. Choose from our ever changing A la carte menu or tasting menus. Changing not only with the seasons, but with produce available from our on site farm. For foodies, our seven course tasting menu offers an incredible array of tastes and textures. Each course is small, so you need not worry about feeling too full. Many guests choose a flight of wines, each glass designed to go with the various courses. Dinner over, relax in the bar or the lounge. Then if you are staying with us, retire to one of our lovely bedrooms. Quick Link to our Restaurant Pages
And for our local customers the number 66 Oxford to Swindon bus will drop you right outside our door.
There are few boutique hotels in Oxfordshire, or indeed the UK, with their own kitchen garden, orchards, and farm. All this wonderful produce goes straight to our kitchens. We also have our own on site falconry and archery. These provide a very popular series of activities for our guests.
Stay in one of the leading boutique hotels in Oxfordshire with our Spring accommodation offer:-
£230 Monday/Friday and £255 on Saturday per couple, includes your room, 3 Course Dinner, plus canapés and an Amuse and a pre dessert. Then enjoy Breakfast before saying farewell.
We are under an hour from Heathrow and 11 miles from the centre of Oxford. We have 10 bedrooms, all charmingly furnished. Most importantly we are a fiercely independent hotel with an award winning Head Chef. Oxford and it’s dreaming spires are a mere 25 minutes away. There is so much to do nearby from countryside walks, to cultural activities and sightseeing. Then of course there is fabulous shopping, both in Oxford itself and at Bicester Village and Swindon outlet centres. We surely must be Oxfordshire’s hotel of first choice for guests wanting an idyllic leisure break.
There are other boutique hotels in Oxfordshire, but are they right for you? This is Fallowfields in a nutshell:
- Love fine food? The coveted two AA Rosette award, for culinary excellence, puts us in the AA’s top 10% of restaurants. We believe Matt’s cooking is taking us way beyond this standard.
- You can be confident in making the right choice. TSE* has three times recognised us as their “Best Small Hotel in South East England 2011″. Thus demonstrating consistency over many years.
- Concerned about provenance and sustainability? Our own farm, kitchen gardens and orchards increasingly supply produce for you in the restaurant.
- Many guests feel more comfortable in a family run hotel rather than a chain. There is a wonderful ambience here, from the genuine warmth of your welcome, to attention to detail throughout.
- As for a good night’s sleep. A rural tranquillity and the comfort of your super king size bed should reassure you on this score.
* TSE = Tourism South East, responsible for inspection and grading hotels in Oxfordshire and the SE of England.
Food – wonderful; Staff – excellent; Had a wonderful wonderful time. LP, Chesterfield