One of the best boutique hotels in Oxfordshire
Dinner Bed and Breakfast £309 in one of our Executive rooms and £329 in one of our Superior rooms per couple per night sharing a double room
One night in one of our luxurious en-suite rooms. Includes a full afternoon tea on arrival, 5 dish, 3 course, dinner from our à la carte menu. This is our normal menu, not a “special offer” version. Come down for a delicious full Fallowfields English breakfast next morning.
“Boutique hotels in Oxfordshire don’t get much better than this”
Fallowfields is one of the leading boutique hotels in Oxfordshire. Our fine dining restaurant is outstanding. Guests come here for wonderful food, bedrooms and calm, tranquil surroundings.
Arrive to a warm welcome from James, Michelle, Jessica or Camilla. Sit on our terrace, or bar or in the lounge, enjoy canapés with a cocktail, a glass of wine or a fine ale. Then surrender yourself to the pleasures of the table. Our head chef is Matt Weedon who, in 2012, was number 45 in the “Sunday Times Top 100 restaurants in Britain List”. Previously at Lords of the Manor and Glennapp Castle, Matt brought both hotels their first Michelin star.
During the day our restaurant is bright and airy and has lovely views over our grounds. At night it is candlelit and romantic. Choose from our ever changing A la carte menu or tasting menus. Changing not only with the seasons, but with produce available from our on site farm. For foodies, our seven course tasting menu offers an incredible array of tastes and textures. Each course is small, so you need not worry about feeling too full. Many guests choose a flight of wines, each glass designed to go with the various courses. Dinner over, relax in the bar or the lounge. Then if you are staying with us, retire to one of our lovely bedrooms. Quick Link to our Restaurant Pages
For our local customers the number 66 Oxford to Swindon bus will drop you right outside our door.
There are few boutique hotels in Oxfordshire, or indeed the UK, with their own kitchen garden, orchards, and farm. All this wonderful produce goes straight to our kitchens. We can also arrange on site falconry and archery.
We are also a popular venue for weddings. Being licensed, you can have your Civil Ceremony or Partnership ceremony here. Then enjoy what must amount to pretty much the best wedding food in Oxfordshire. Finally dance the night away in gorgeous surroundings.
There are other boutique hotels in Oxfordshire, but are they right for you? This is Fallowfields in a nutshell:
- Love fine food? Look no further, Matt’s cooking must place him in the top 2 or 3 restaurants in Oxfordshire.
- Consistently good. TSE* has three times recognised us as their “Best Small Hotel in South East England 2011″.
- Concerned about provenance and sustainability? Our own farm, kitchen gardens and orchards increasingly supply produce for the restaurant.
- Many guests feel more comfortable in a family run hotel rather than a chain. There is a wonderful ambience here, from the genuine warmth of your welcome, to attention to detail throughout.
- As for a good night’s sleep. A rural tranquillity and the comfort of your super king size bed should reassure you on this score.
* TSE = Tourism South East, responsible for inspection and grading hotels in Oxfordshire and the SE of England.
Food – wonderful; Staff – excellent; Had a wonderful wonderful time. LP, Chesterfield
"A perfect night for our 1st wedding anniversary. We will be back!"
"You exceeded our expectations in every way"
Mr and Mrs P Dec 2011
"A great hotel - thanks very much"
"Our get together was a perfect success"
Mr. J, Brecon
"The restaurant at Fallowfields is superb as is the "high" tea"
C.Y. New Jersey 2011